Work Permit For Canada in 2020
The Canada work permit visa is an authorization granted to a foreign skilled worker to work for a specific employer for a fixed tenure in a Canadian province. The occupation, skilled work or trade selected by the candidate or foreign skilled worker should be listed in the National Occupation Classification (NOC). The Work Permit for Canada allows a candidate to work and stay in Canada on temporary basis in a specific province. Allotted for a two-year time frame, the Canada Work Permit visa can be extended after fulfilling terms and conditions by the Canadian employer and foreign skilled worker.
Foreign skilled workers, particularly truck drivers and restaurant managers which are in high demand in Canada, get many opportunities in Canada. It is interesting to note that every year around 2,00,000 foreign skilled workers are granted Canada Work Permit visa. Owing to the country’s ageing population and shortage of manpower in different industries, the country welcomes foreign skilled workers on Temporary Canadian Work Permit, also called Work Permit for Canada. Despite setbacks and challenges posed by the COVID 19 pandemic, the Canadian authorities are accepting and processing Canada Work Permit visa in 2020.
In order to meet demand of labour in various industries and keep the economy running, employers hire foreign skilled workers, who can work efficiently. Hence going to Canada on work permit is possible for skilled workers having required work experience.
What is Canada Work Permit Visa Process?
As stated by experts that every year almost 2,00,000 workers from countries except Canada join the workforce on Temporary Foreign Worker Work Permit, popularly known as W1 Worker Visa. The Work Permit for Canada is a basic requirement for those foreign skilled workers and professionals, who are planning to work in Canada in domain or industry of their choice. Securing Canada Work Permit visa process involves counseling, evaluation, assessment of candidates’ application, documentation and co-ordination with authorities, it is important to understand steps to secure Work Permit for Canada. In fact, seeking help and guidance of reliable immigration consultant makes the visa processing hassle-free exercise.
Experts also focus on getting support for Work Permit for Canada from trustworthy immigration consultant in order to take informed career decision as well as save time and money. Guidance and support from such immigration consultant help candidates to have smooth immigration process, secure Canada Work Permit visa and a shining career in Canada.
What Are The Key Steps To Secure Canada Work Permit Visa in 2020
The Work Permit for Canada is dependent upon valid job offer supported by positive LMIA. Read on to know more about the steps for securing Canada Work Permit Visa in 2020 –
- Step 1 – Candidate must receive valid job offer or employment offer letter from Canadian employer supported by Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Step 2 – Candidate or foreign skilled worker must submit an application for Temporary Work Permit in High Commission of Canada
Besides above-mentioned two steps, several stages of counseling, assessment of visa application for eligibility, documentation and co-ordination are involved to ensure smooth immigration and securing Work Permit for Canada. The documents of foreign skilled workers and relevant work experience also play a major role in this regard.
What is Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)?
It is also called Labour Market Testing and is an important part of Canada Work Permit visa. A crucial step to be undertaken by the Canadian employer, Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) allows Canadian employers to hire foreign skilled workers and professionals to work in Canadian organisations and industries. This means Canadian employer, seeking to hire foreign skilled workers, must advertise vacancies or vacant positions in local newspapers, publications, job boards or sites and Canadian Job Bank. If employer fails to find a suitable or right candidate in Canada, they can apply in Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to get a positive LMIA that approves then to hire foreign skilled workers. Except charitable and religious work, LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) certificate is a necessary document for Canada Work Permit visa.
Also Read: LMIA Job Offer
Assessment of Canada Work Permit Visa Application
The allocation of Work Permit depends mainly on related documents and credentials of candidates. Visa Officer assesses the candidate’s case and verifies all submitted documents. After clearing this step, the Worker Visa (W1) is granted to foreign skilled workers. Please note that only Worker Visa (W1) visa guarantees a flight to Canada as well as securing work opportunities there. Work Permit is only granted at the Point of Entry (POE) in Canada. For this, the Canadian High Commission issues POE Letter to the applicant.
How To Get Canadian Work Permit Visa at Point of Entry
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Officer grants Canadian Temporary Work Permit to foreign worker at the Point of Entry in Canada after verifying all relevant documents. Please note every foreign worker must carry Point of Entry Letter along with employment offer letter supported by a copy of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) while traveling to Canada. Failing to do so can result in cancelation of Work Permit for Canada at the Point of Entry (POE).
Validity and Mandatory Conditions Of Work Permit For Canada
Foreign skilled workers are granted Temporary Work Permit for a period of two years, which can be further extended with mutual consent of Canadian employer and foreign skilled worker. The Canada Work Permit visa is always granted for a specific skill, trade, occupation and jobs mentioned in National Occupation Classification (NOC) Code in Canada. Only foreign workers having relevant prior experience in a specific skill/domain can secure Work Permit visa for Canada. Work Permit is a closed category, hence foreign workers are allowed to work for fixed tenure for an employer. If employee or Canadian employer is dissatisfied with the new job or services, then a new employer (job) should be sought by foreign skilled worker at the earliest.
Additional Benefits of Canadian Temporary Work Permit
- Please note that a Canadian Temporary Work Permit is only for those foreign skilled workers who wish to continue working in Canada for a particular period of time for a specific employer. Post landing in Canada and working there for a year, foreign workers can also gain Permanent Residency (PR) status and receive other social benefits and welfare schemes like free education for children and avail basic healthcare facilities. Clearly, Work Permit for Canada is a good platform to get Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) status.
- Gaining Temporary Work Permit in Canada opens the pathway of Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) under Skilled Worker Category or one of the Provincial Nominee Programs. Hence, this becomes a win-win situation for the candidate.
Canada Work Permit Visa Eligibility Criteria
Eligible candidates can scan the checklist of eligibility criteria for Canadian Work Permit visa before applying and submitting applications. Candidates should note that all relevant and supporting Canada Work Permit visa application documents must be in English. Candidates must have below-mentioned documents.
- Valid job offer
- Canada Work Permit visa application must be endorsed by authentic Canadian employer, who has secured positive LMIA
- Academic documents Senior Secondary education (Class 12)
- Relevant work experience certificate. Minimum two years of relevant work experience required for Canada Work Permit
- Professional skill certification, apprentice or training certificate (if applicable)
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) or IELTS score
- Willing to work and stay in Canadian province after getting Work Permit
- Should meet all eligibility criteria
- Good health
- Sufficient funds
- Clean records
Which Documents are Required To Process Canada Work Permit Visa?
Candidates must have the following documents required for Canada Work Permit:
- Copy of Passport including all stamped pages
- Foreign Worker’s job application must be supported by necessary documents like Job Reference Letter from previous employers during last ten years
- Reference Letters from current and previous employers mentioning job responsibility, length of service, designations or positions held by employee
- Copy of original educational certificates
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for foreign skilled worker
- Copy of original birth certificate
- Copy of original marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of original birth certificate of children (if applicable)
- Salary slips of last six months
- Proof of adequate funds
- Score or copy of result of IELTS or CELPIP
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) issued from countries where applicant has lived in last ten years
How To Start Process of Getting Canada Work Permit Visa?
The journey of successfully migrating after securing Canadian Work Permit visa starts with taking help from trusted immigration consultant such as Hire Indians Immigration Services.
Ways to Identify Right Immigration Consultant for Canada Work Permit Visa in 2020
Candidates must crosscheck following three points with immigration consultant to check their trustworthiness, sincerity and authenticity.
- Immigration Consultant must have copy of Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) secured by the Canadian employer seeking government’s approval of hiring foreign skilled worker and professional from other countries.
- Proof of recent visas and Canada Work Permit visa applications filed by consultants. It is difficult to secure a job offer in Canada from India. Interested candidates must crosscheck Canada Work Permit visa applications filed by the consultant recently or in last one year.
- List of references and contact numbers of candidates whom consultants helped to secure Job Permit for Canada as well as various work opportunities in different domains in Canada.
Seek Support From Hire Indians Immigration Services
Getting a Work Permit in Canada is not an easy task. Hence, it is better to seek support from expert advisors such as Hire Indians Immigration Services for hassle-free Canada Work Permit visa application processing. This trusted consultant has been helping several candidates to gain work opportunities in hospitality, transport and cargo as well other key industries in Canada. Secure a bright future with expert advice and guidance. Call us at – +91 9871097333 / +91-9278366698 (India), +971-564310328 / +971-569920101 (Dubai)